Medical Marijuana 101: Basics & Terminology
Medical Marijuana Awareness Post-Webinar Resources
Speakers featured in this webinar were host Marc Matoza and guest speaker Nick Maginsky, Regional Sales Director with MÜV by Verano
Click an item from the index below to skip to that section.
Overview: Can Medical Marijuana Help You?
- PATIENT INFORMATION BROCHURE
- MMTCFL Chronic Conditions Resources
- How Cannabis Works on the Human Body: The Endocannabinoid System with Cannigma
Materials from the Webinar
- View the slides from the live presentation
- How CBD Oil Affects Chronic Pain and Inflammation with Thomas DeLauer
- Weed (Parts 1-4) with Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Meet the Speakers
Read more about Marc Matoza
Marc is a technology and business development manager with expertise in technology, database, cybersecurity, and online/web/mobile computing. As an inventor, computer scientist, and entrepreneur, he has developed innovative tech products including a leading relational database, multiple digital multilingual dictionaries, a digital bilingual reference/grammar-checking word processing add-on, golf [sports] swing video capture & analysis solutions, and certified safe anti-microbial environments.
Marc’s multinational background includes technology and corporate management experience with Hewlett Packard, Netscape Communications, Ashton-Tate, AlphaGraphics SA, MarcTech SA/LLC, and Swing Solutions. This includes managing operations in Europe, Latin America, Canada, and the USA. He has a Computer Science Degree from California Polytechnic State University.
Read about Medical Marijuana Awareness Webinars
Read more about Nick Maginsky
Nick Maginsky is a Flagler College Graduate and certified by the Trichome Institute as a Level 1 Interpener. While he is fairly new to the Florida Medical Marijuana industry, Nick is a longtime enthusiast and supporter of cannabis as a medical product. He is grateful to be a part of MÜV’s team working with patients here in Florida, offering paths to a positive cannabis journey.
Webinars Featuring Nick Maginsky
Dosing with Medical Marijuana / October 13, 2021
Medical Marijuana 101: Basics & Terminology / April 13, 2022
Terpenes / June 29,2022
Can Medical Marijuana Help You?
Overview by Medical Marijuana Treatment Clinics of Florida
Medical Marijuana is used to treat a variety of lifestyle conditions. In Florida, the Office of Medical Marijuana Use outlines the rules and regulations for the State Medical Marijuana program.
See Also from MMTCFL:
More About CBD:
- Neither CBN or CBG produce an intoxicating high on its own, though they both affect the high when combined with THC (source: Weedmaps)
- CBN is a byproduct of THC which is produced by environmental factors experienced during the growth and storage of a plant containing THC (source: Industrial Hemp Farms)
- CBG is in both cannabis and hemp, but patients should research the individual CBD product if not purchased from a licensed dispensary because some extraction processes may greatly reduce the amount of CBG in the product (source: Cresco Labs)
Cannabinoid receptors, the locks attached to cells in our bodies, were only discovered because researchers were trying to understand how plant-based cannabinoids (phyto-cannabinoids) like THC interact with the body. So they were named cannabinoid receptors, after the main chemicals that activates them.”
Materials from the Webinar
Cannachats Recommended Reading
Medical Marijuana Help
Basics of Medical Marijuana in Florida
Click to Download from the Office of Medical Marijuana Use